Before You Contact Your Ex Boyfriend

The period after a break up is a delicate time if you are trying to get your ex back. You need to be careful how you approach your ex and selective in what you say.

First off, don’t call them if you are upset and depressed. If your emotions are unstable then you are much more likely to say or do something you might regret. Take some time to get over the shock of the break up before you proceed.

Secondly, you need to come up with a plan of exactly what you are going to say. Trying to organize your thoughts on the fly is not a good idea. You need to start with the basic small talk, but you also need to work towards finding a resolution to your problems. This can be as simple as brining up the fact that you miss them and wish things would have worked out differently. You may not make much progress in your first conversation, but the ultimate goal is to rebuild the communication between you. Thus, don’t expect to have things change overnight. Settle for smaller goals at first, but always keep your eyes on the goal.

Finally, make sure you are upbeat and positive when talking with your ex. No matter how hard the situation is, always spin things in a positive light. Make your ex believe that your problems can be fixed. Portraying yourself as down or desperate will only add to the uncertainty surrounding your relationship.

The initial levels of contact after a break up are the most difficult, but they are also the most important. Map out a strategy and keep your cool. By going into the situation with a positive attitude you will increase the chances to get your ex back.

5 comments:

Confused said...

my ex broke up with me around 2 months ago but i begged him to get back with me. i know this was the wrong way to go so i tried being less depressed recently. is it too late to get him back? what do you think i should do to get him back?

I believe in love said...

my boyfriend borke up with me 2 weeks ago but i only read about how to get ex back last sunday...before this i called him almost every day..but since sunday i just didnt do it. i hope it wasnt too late...

I believe in love said...

my boyfriend borke up with me 2 weeks ago but i only read about how to get ex back last sunday...before this i called him almost every day..but since sunday i just didnt do it. i hope it wasnt too late...

Unknown said...

I did the same thing! I begged for 2 weeks essentially, I cried, I pleaded. Than I tried being calm and happier. Now I have just stopped talking to him. Is is too late?

Heather Howell Blaze said...

i dont' think it's too late. Go out, take pictures of you moving on and being happy! if they cared or are worth getting back they will probably look you up. Also, it will probably make them wonder where you went if you stopped talking to them. Get out there!