How to Start a Conversation with Your Ex BF

Figuring out what to say to your ex boyfriend is not always easy. On the one hand you are dying to know what they have been thinking about your future, but on the other hand you understand that acting desperate will just scare them away.

Since the first words are often the hardest, I've put together a short list of innocent conversation starters you can use on your ex boyfriend. Note that the focus of each example is to get your EX BF to open up and communicate with you.

"I thought of you yesterday when I saw [insert a news story]. What did you think?"

"Hey [name]! It has been a while... what have you been up to?"

"I know things were crazy after our breakup - I'm sorry about all that. I just wanted to let you know it is all behind us now and I feel much better about everything."

"I saw you [insert a recent achievement of theirs]. Congratulations! How does it feel?"

"Can you keep a secret? I just found out that [insert compelling information]. What should I/we/they do about it?"

These ideas should get your mind moving in the right direction. It really doesn't matter what you say as long as you keep it honest and format it in such a way that your ex will have to respond.

No comments: